Programmed Cell Death Ligand-1 expression or PD-L1 is an important cancer biomarker and has become a critical part of patient management for immunotherapy. The targeted blockade of PD-L1 may help to restore the antitumor response.
Development of the combined positive score (CPS) for the evaluation of PD-L1 in solid tumors has indicated that PD-L1 expression on both tumor and tumor-associated immune cells is associated with clinical outcome.
Optrascan’s Solution For Immuno - Oncology
OptraSCAN’s PD-L1 automated image analysis (for research use) supports interpretation of PD-L1 IHC expression on both tumor and immune cells in solid tumors. It determines PD-L1 expression on tumor and immune cells showing partial or complete membrane staining on tumor cells along with membrane and/or cytoplasmic staining on immune cells in a single read. It is reliable and can be used to assess PD- L1 expression in a more objective manner.
- Fully automated algorithm evaluates and generates scores for both, regions of interest and whole slide analysis with minimal human intervention
- Score generation based on the number of PD-L1 positive cells (tumor, lymphocytes and macrophages) in relation to total tumor cells allows capturing of tumor and immune cells in a single read
- Fully integrated image acquisition and automated evaluation of tumor area for adequacy by confirming the presence of 100 viable tumor cells for interpretation using Computer aided region detection system based on Artificial Neural Network
- Reporting module included with case management
- Tumor Cell staining (an estimate of the percentage of tumor cells exhibiting partial or complete membranous staining)
- Immune Cell (IC) staining (an estimate of the percentage of ICs, including macrophages and lymphocytes, within the tumor, exhibiting staining)